Tennis Served Fresh is hosting former TennisJuicer JNP as a guest blogger. JNP can be reached at tenniscbh AT gmail DOT com.
My predictions for the women’s draw (full draw available in PDF):
– Henin over Serena. Serena playing doubles with big sis Venus shouldn’t be a major distraction, imo. She has a shot to win the whole thing, but she’ll need Henin to lose earlier in the tourney.
– Jankovic over Krajicek. Look for Krajicek to get hot during this tournament, but she’ll go down to Jankovic in straight sets.
– Mauresmo over Ivanovic. Mauresmo needs to return to form to get this far; I see it happenin’.
– Sharapova over Kuznetsova. Maria might need three sets to beat Svetlana.
– Henin over Jankovic. I’ll side with the stats: Jankovic has yet to beat Henin in any tournament.
– Mauresmo over Sharapova. Look for another three-set battle. Sharapova will probably fall apart midway through the third set a la Wimby 2006…
– Henin over Mauresmo. Justine Henin has a determination like no other player on either tour right now. Mauresmo can beat her, but needs to come into the match with a confidence high. Sharapova has the tools to beat Henin, too, but like Amelie, she also needs to be in the zone. If Henin wins Wimbledon, the Serbs (i.e, the ones currently on hot streaks) will need to do something quick before she becomes the Roger Federer of the WTA Tour.
What about your picks?: Do you agree with JNP? Tell us.