Leave it to Maria Sharapova to stay glam on the clay courts of Warsaw even while nursing her taped-up bum shoulder. The former women’s No. 1 (now ranked 126th) stepped onto the courts of the Warsaw Open yesterday for her first singles match in nine months. Masha’s lack of match play clearly showed; she struggled to close out the first round match against Tathiana Garbin, but eventually figured it out. The final score: 6-1, 6-7 (6), 6-3.
The first round of the tourney is still playing out. The only notable change is the absence of Caroline Wozniacki, who pulled out of the event because of a bad back. (Wait — there isn’t a notation for a second seed… did someone else pull out?)
On her own: Maria and Nike keep on with their special make-ups, this time a high-waist dress with a mesh overlay that made its first appearance at Indian Wells (this picture above). This time around, the accent color goes from a light yellow — or “liquid lime” — to a bright orange.
One more: See Maria’s full Warsaw Open outfit after the cut…
(image via Getty Images)taped
You may also like:
- li na in nike women’s 2013 looks
- the female HOATs of all time: a fine list of tennis girls to ogle
- fashion focus: sharapova wears david koma for sugarpova accessories launch
- for its first birthday, sharapova’s sugarpova launches accessories line
- nike+ fuelband campaign highlights ping pong in #makeitcount campaign