The cold weather in Doha (in the 60s) got the ladies layering during their matches at last week’s Qatar Total Open.
Leggings: Maria Sharapova in Nike‘s Tight Capris (available in New Blue and Logan Berry, $50); Venus Williams in EleVen. Venus lost to Dominika Cibulkova 3-6, 3-6. Masha took home her second title of the year.
Jelena wears the Reebok Pro Tradition Jacket. The third seed lost to the tattooed Li Na 3-6, 4-6 in the quarterfinals.
Still sans sponsor: Polish teenager Agnieszka Radwanska, now in the Top 20, fell to Sharapova in the semis 4-6, 3-6 (the Russian got to avenge that shocking second round loss at the 2007 U.S. Open). And yes — you should not adjust your TV set; she wore those three different outfits on the court this week. A sponsorship deal has GOT to be in the works. Anyone out there with tips? E-mail me.
Dominika Cibulkova wore purple stripes from Lacoste, and lost in the quarters to Radwanska.
Reebok: The troubled Frenchwoman Amelie Mauresmo wears the Pro Vision Seamless Jacket, $59.95. She lost in the first round to Tamarine Tanasugarn 6-7 (7), 5-7.
(photos by Getty Images)
You may also like:
- nike+ fuelband campaign highlights ping pong in #makeitcount campaign
- li na in nike women’s 2013 looks
- for its first birthday, sharapova’s sugarpova launches accessories line
- the female HOATs of all time: a fine list of tennis girls to ogle
- fashion focus: sharapova wears david koma for sugarpova accessories launch