This weekend was big for socially-conscious tennis. In the Palisades, the Jensen Brothers hosted their first Bank of the West Pro-Celebrity Tennis Classic. And in Boca Raton, Fla., Andy Roddick and his camp just wrapped up another successful Andy Roddick Foundation Charity Weekend (their seventh). 475 guests attended the dinner-dance on Saturday night (with the Davis Cup trophy there, make that 476). Maria Sharapova won a silent auction to have the first dance with Andy, which she bought for Andy’s mom. How sweet!
And 2,000 people showed up to watch a mixed doubles match between Andy and Brenda Schultz-McCarthy, and James Blake and Masha (who was wearing the Drop Shot Cable Top from Nike).
(andyroddick.com; photos by Getty Images)
You may also like:
- andy roddick’s terra cotta twin lands in austin
- fashion focus: sharapova wears david koma for sugarpova accessories launch
- nike+ fuelband campaign highlights ping pong in #makeitcount campaign
- charity by design: a charm bangle for the tennis hof
- for its first birthday, sharapova’s sugarpova launches accessories line