Maria Sharapova didn’t go all the way in tennis and in style at the 2007 Australian Open. She lost 1-6, 2-6 in the finals to Serena Williams, and was also somewhat outshined ensemble-wise.
TSF expected Masha to continue with the glam (after her LBD from the ’06 U.S. Open), but instead she opted for plain pastels from her clothing sponsor, Nike.
I thought the abstract floral print — which decorated her yellow skirt and her white visor — might have seemed a little too “PacSun” for Masha’s couture closet.
But she didn’t go totally un-sexy: the corset dress had some form-following boning detail. And the little bow on the back was a nice touch.
And to round out the ensemble, she put on her drop earrings and clipped a yellow flower in her ponytail.
Of course, she’s since upped the ante, wearing a layered deep aqua dress for the French Open, her pleated <em.Swan Lake dress to comply with Wimbledon’s strict all-white dress code, and the bedazzled red gown at the U.S. Open.
You may also like:
- nike+ fuelband campaign highlights ping pong in #makeitcount campaign
- li na in nike women’s 2013 looks
- for its first birthday, sharapova’s sugarpova launches accessories line
- the female HOATs of all time: a fine list of tennis girls to ogle
- fashion focus: sharapova wears david koma for sugarpova accessories launch