So we’re happy to find out that Maria Sharapova was healthy enough to play in this week’s $1.34 million Tier I Kremlin Cup in Moscow. She snuck in as the second seed (with a wild card) when Justine Henin pulled out last week.
Unfortch, she fell to the curse of her Nike 2007 U.S. Open Day Dress, again losing to a teenager — this time 18-year-old Victoria Azarenka — 7-6 (9) 6-2.
At least Masha looked good. This version of the outfit came as separates and in a black/white colorway (instead of vice-versa). Plus, is that velvet on the hem of her skirt?
And of course this Siberian siren glammed up even in training. Check out the cute shirt she wore after the cut.
This Marathon Mulit-Graphic Tee (color: fiberglass) has a pocket on the left chest and celebrates the 32nd Annual Western Hemisphere Marathon. Buy: Pick it up for $30 at Nike.com. Browse: And check out the rest of the Marathon Collection here.
(Day Dress photos via Getty Images; Practice photo via TennisInfoBlog.com)
You may also like:
- fashion focus: sharapova wears david koma for sugarpova accessories launch
- merchant of tennis (channel)
- nike+ fuelband campaign highlights ping pong in #makeitcount campaign
- the female HOATs of all time: a fine list of tennis girls to ogle
- for its first birthday, sharapova’s sugarpova launches accessories line