It will be the 129th Wimbledon Championships of all-time (2nd most of all-time) and the 48th in the Open-era (most in the Open-era tied with French Open).
Questions before Wimbledon 2015?
- Who will win the 129th (all-time) and 48th (Open-era) Wimbledon Championships?
- Djokovic will be the FIRST who defends his title since 2007?
- Djokovic will be the FIRST who defends his title in this decade?
- Djokovic will equal his coach’s number of titles in Wimbledon?
- In 2007 and in 2011, the AO champ won Wimbledon. In 2015 will be the same?
- Will Roger Federer be a sole record holder of Wimbledon with 8 titles?
- Will Federer reach his 10th Wimbledon final equaling Bill Tilden’s all-time record?
- Since 2005, first time in his career, Rafael Nadal will win his first Grand Slam of the year in Wimbledon?
- Will Nadal extand his all-time record streak of winning at least one Grand Slam title for 11 consecutive years?
- Nadal and/or Djokovic will be the 5th player in the Open-era who reaches his 200th match wins at Grand Slams?
- Since parting ways with Ivan Lendl, Andy Murray can break through and win his first title (with Mauresmo)?
- Or it will be a new champion, the 66th of Wimbledon?
- Will John Isner be the first US champion of the XXIth century in Wimbledon?
- By winning Wimbledon, John Isner will snap the second longest winless streak by US players winning Grand Slam title in Wimbledon?
- Since 1976, no player could win the title without losing a set. This trend will be changed this year?
- Wimbledon has the lowest match with a retirement in the Open-era (109). It will be the 110th match with a retirement or after 2012 it will be another championship without any retirement?
- Last year, record-high 80 matches were played with at least one tie-break in Wimbledon. 62,5% of the matches will result again at least one TB?
Read more at the most comprehensive Tennis Grand Slam Online Database
Leave a Reply