Sport Celebrities on Canvas and Savoy Hotel Buenos Aires launched the exhibition “Argentine Tennis Player of The Century” (“El tenista argentino del siglo”) to celebrate Guillermo Vilas, at the Olimpo Lounge.
The exhibition comprises of twenty paintings by Argentine artists Andrés Compagnucci, Oscar Suárez, Juan Becu, Nahuel Vecino, Stella Tosi Villamayor and Chloe Henderson, inspired by the major sport achievements of the best Argentine tennis player ever.
National and foreign journalists as well as sports people, artists and entrepreneurs escorted Vilas at the moment of unveiling each one of the works that epitomize the commitment, talent and understanding of endeavour as a virtuous path of one of the paramount athletes in our country.
Argentine Tennis Player of The Century list of art works
– US Open 1977, Friends, Racket strokes with John McEnroe (Andrés Compagnucci).
– US Open 1977, MonteCarlo 1976, MonteCarlo 1982, Davis Cup, Australia 1979, Roland Garros 1977, Argentine Tennis Player of The Century (Oscar Suárez).
– Masters Cup Australia 1974, Hamburg 1978, Australian Open 1978 (Juan Becú).
– South Orange 1978, Rome 1980 (Nahuel Vecino).
– República Open 1973, Coupe Poree 1979, Ion and Arthur (Stella Tossi Villamayor).
– International Press of the time, National Press of the time (Chloe Henderson).