A Q&A between 2013 Australian Open semifinalist Maria Sharapova (she lost to Li Na) with Vogue Australia’s Carmen Hamilton. Our favorite tidbit: Maria loves working with Alexander McQueen‘s Sarah Burton (this red dress comes to mind). The Russian also shares fashion tips for tall women: wear your flats (gladiators), and rock those wide leg trousers like its your job.
Carmen Hamilton: How do you choose an outfit for a big event, both on and off court?
Maria Sharapova: Off court, it usually depends on the event. I’ve had a few Sugarpova launches in the last few months so a lot of the things I’ve worn have been quite colourful and fun to go with the personality of the candy. For an event during the evening, I would go towards something like Alexander McQueen. I love working with Sarah Burton. I think she’s incredible. It’s been really amazing to see her creations come alive. Overall, I usually try to go for something more feminine and elegant.
(Photo Credit: Maria Sharapova for Tag Heuer; via vogue.com.au)
You may also like:
- the female HOATs of all time: a fine list of tennis girls to ogle
- kit count: australian open women’s QFs
- fashion focus: sharapova wears david koma for sugarpova accessories launch
- for its first birthday, sharapova’s sugarpova launches accessories line
- fashion focus: sharapova’s blue stud earrings — tiffany?