Mark your calendars: The next BNP Paribas Showdown, the annual tennis event at New York’s Madison Square Garden, will feature two best-of-three exhibition matches for its fifth iteration: up first will be three-time major winner Maria Sharapova against World No. 1 Caroline Wozniacki; the men’s match will be an exo between Roger Federer and Andy Roddick. This will be the first time that Maria and Roddick are playing in the Garden.
This event also celebrates “Tennis Night in America” (can they play this on the jumbotron, please?), a nationwide campaign to raise awareness for the sport in the U.S.
Info: Tickets start at $50 and go on sale Monday, October 3 via Ticketmaster. Sign up for pre-sale alerts at tennisshowdown.com.
You may also like:
- the female HOATs of all time: a fine list of tennis girls to ogle
- fashion focus: sharapova wears david koma for sugarpova accessories launch
- andy roddick’s terra cotta twin lands in austin
- maria sharapova shares her style tips with vogue australia
- for its first birthday, sharapova’s sugarpova launches accessories line