Maria Sharapova Day Dress
Maria Sharapova Evening Dress
Shades of grey: The folks at Nike are keeping Maria Sharapova in very muted-colored dresses at this year’s U.S. Open. Her loosely fitted (i.e., casual) day dress is accented by a bright “solar red” while the more tight-fitting night dress — inspired by New York, of course — mixes up shiny and matte fabrics to evoke the colors of the concrete jungle at dusk. They slapped on “high voltage yellow” on the back straps of the night dress to give it some pop.
View: Watch Nike Tennis Creative Director Janice Lucena and Footwear Development Director Gary McCourt discuss Sharapova’s kit in-depth.
(images and video courtesy of Nike)
You may also like:
- the female HOATs of all time: a fine list of tennis girls to ogle
- nike+ fuelband campaign highlights ping pong in #makeitcount campaign
- sharapova withdraws from the 2013 u.s. open with shoulder injury
- for its first birthday, sharapova’s sugarpova launches accessories line
- fashion focus: sharapova wears david koma for sugarpova accessories launch