Maria Sharapova‘s trying to consolidate that title win in Rome, but not without trouble: she had a slight hiccup in second round while facing French wildcard Caroline Garcia, going down a set and 1-4 before grinding out the 3-6, 6-4, 6-0 victory. Up next for Masha is Yung-Jan Chan of Taiwan. (Draw: RG Women’s Singles)
Meanwhile, her eponymous accessories collection at Cole Haan dropped a blue nubuck version of the Air Bacara flats. (Flashback: Maria’s Cole Haan Spring 2011)
Buy: Air Bacara Ballet by Maria Sharapova by Cole Haan, $138, colehaan.com.
And speaking of her off-court dealings, one of TSF’s favorite writers, Eric Wilson, sates his Masha fa(n)scination with this article in the NYT Style Section.
(match photo by Alex Livesey/Getty Images; Air Bacara image courtesy of Cole Haan)
You may also like:
- the female HOATs of all time: a fine list of tennis girls to ogle
- fashion focus: sharapova wears david koma for sugarpova accessories launch
- for its first birthday, sharapova’s sugarpova launches accessories line
- li na in nike women’s 2013 looks
- nike+ fuelband campaign highlights ping pong in #makeitcount campaign