A notch for each win? How cool is the Ion Tiriac trophy at the Mutua Madrid Masters in Spain? Sure, the home crowd wanted their boy Rafael Nadal to pull through in this one, but Novak is hot right now. H-O-T hot. 32 straight matches? No prob. The world no. 2 now takes his unblemished 2011 record to Rome after beating Rafa 7-5, 6-4. Look: Rome draw
Before we step away from the men, this between-the-legs lob winner from Rafa might be one of the best shots you’ve ever seen. We’re serious. Click. Play.
Bracing for a win. This isn’t the first time we’ve seen a big winner sporting some metal on her teeth on the WTA. Great to see Petra Kvitova, the Czech who had a phenomenal 2010, rise above the rest in Madrid. Will she be the Aravane Rezai of 2010 and slump for the rest of the season? We hope not. Here, she smiles after a 7-6 (3), 6-4 win over Victoria Azarenka.
After the cut? Nole cuddles with the ballkids after his Madrid W.
(Images via Getty)
You may also like:
- vika, ‘encouraged’ by serena, celebrates cincy with champers
- trophy watch: is it real ceramic, rafa?
- trophy watch: hello to rafa, goodbye to san jose, and the ladies switch it up
- victoria azarenka wins the Qatar Total Open, gets serenaded by boyfriend
- trophy watch: open sud de france, pbz zagreb indoors, vtr open