Maria Sharapova took over three hours to defeat 26th seed Alexandra Dulgheru 3-6, 7-6 (6), 7-6 (5) in the quarters of this week’s Sony Ericsson Open in Miami. Up next will be Andrea Petkovic, who’s already upset Caro Wozniacki and Jelena Jankovic on the way to the semis. And things don’t look good for Maria: Petko’s already beaten her once this year, at the fourth round in Melbourne.
In the bottom half of the women’s draw, the Radwanksa/Zvonareva and Clijsters/Azarenka matches’ll determine who ends up with spots in the semis. (Scan: SEO Draws)
But who cares about Masha’s ugly stats — 17 double faults; twice as many unforced errors as Dulgheru — or that she rolled her ankle late in the third set? Take a look at those turquoise teardrop earrings from Tiffany! Matches her turquoise dress, of course.
Buy: Elsa Peretti Teardrop earrings, $725, tiffany.com.
(image via Getty Images)
You may also like:
- fashion focus: sharapova wears david koma for sugarpova accessories launch
- maria sharapova shares her style tips with vogue australia
- charity by design: a charm bangle for the tennis hof
- the female HOATs of all time: a fine list of tennis girls to ogle
- for its first birthday, sharapova’s sugarpova launches accessories line