More love to our favorite Russo-American: We would never have thought of uttering “Maria Sharapova” in the same breath as Dossier, Theophilus London, Bureau V, Kate Neckel, and Bamboo Bike Studio — yet here we are. She’s been added by Cole Haan to a list of makers, creators, and innovators that they’re spotlighting throughout the spring.
Browse: Check out a some adorable pictures of Maria (she should smile more often!) plus a mini-Q&A that looks into her creative process here. From her Spring 2011 Cole Haan collection, our faves: of the bags, the metallic Viola Tote, which she was also using for practice sessions at Indian Wells (image); and of the shoes, the strap-happy Air Jasmine OT Pump.
Bracket: At this week’s BNP Paribas Open, Masha bounced back after a surprisingly tough opening round match (vs. Anabel Medina Garrigues) to beat Safina, Rezai, and Peng Shuai. She now faces top seed Caroline Wozniacki in the semis; the winner plays Bartoli. (Draw: Women’s Singles.)
(photo via colehaan.com)
You may also like:
- li na in nike women’s 2013 looks
- the female HOATs of all time: a fine list of tennis girls to ogle
- nike+ fuelband campaign highlights ping pong in #makeitcount campaign
- for its first birthday, sharapova’s sugarpova launches accessories line
- fashion focus: sharapova wears david koma for sugarpova accessories launch