Maria Sharapova, fifth seed at this week’s Bank of the West Classic in Stanford, Calif., is safely through to the second round after taking out Zheng Jie 6-4, 7-5. As you may remember, Zheng beat Masha in the first week of the 2010 Indian Wells tourney.
Draw: Up next for her in that bottom half of the draw is Olga Govortsova then a quarterfinal meet-up against the winner of Date-Krumm vs. Dementieva. (Draw: Singles)
Wimbledon whites in color: Sharapova’s Wimbledon whites turned into pale shades of green (“filament”) and blue (“armory”) for this summer hardcourt swing. Buy: Nike Sharapova Lawn Women’s Tennis Tank and , $60 each, nike.com.
(botw shot via Getty Images; screengrabs via nike.com)
You may also like:
- for its first birthday, sharapova’s sugarpova launches accessories line
- fashion focus: sharapova wears david koma for sugarpova accessories launch
- li na in nike women’s 2013 looks
- the female HOATs of all time: a fine list of tennis girls to ogle
- nike+ fuelband campaign highlights ping pong in #makeitcount campaign