Zheng Jie put on a show in front of the Southern California crowd in attendance at last weekend’s session at the BNP Paribas Open when she took out Maria Sharapova in the third round. The loooong match, which Zheng won 6-3 2-6 6-3, lasted for about three hours; it didn’t help that Masha has a Mary Pierce-like pre-serve ritual; neither did the multiple games with multiple deuces.
But what does it matter when you’ve got a hot baller boyfriend? Or when you’ve out-accesorized your opponent? There were the green drop earrings; the warm-up jacket in a Victorian silhouette; the Prince racquet bag, prettier (in person) than we’d expected it to be; and the gym duffle (“Valentine”) from her line with Cole Haan. The duffle reminds us of Masha’s black and silver dress from the 2009 U.S. Open.
Bracket: Zheng made it to the quarters before losing to Caro, who’s now in the semis. (Singles Draw). And her doubles team with Chan upset top seeds Huber/Black in the opening round but they couldn’t get past Peschke/Srebotnik in the semis. (Doubles Draw)
More: Detail shots of Maria’s Indian Wells outfit — all after the cut…
(first three images via Getty Images; images by TSF)
You may also like:
- the female HOATs of all time: a fine list of tennis girls to ogle
- nike+ fuelband campaign highlights ping pong in #makeitcount campaign
- li na in nike women’s 2013 looks
- fashion focus: sharapova wears david koma for sugarpova accessories launch
- for its first birthday, sharapova’s sugarpova launches accessories line