Top seed Maria Sharapova played her second match in 2010 at this week’s combined tour stop in Memphis, Tenn. (FYI, the WTA event is the Cellular South Cup.) Maria beat Shenay Perry 6-0, 6-2 and will play Bethanie Mattek-Sands in the second round. (Draw: Women’s Singles [pdf])
This is also Masha’s first win of 2010. As you may remember, eventual quarterfinalist Maria Kirilenko upset her in the first round of the Australian Open.
The dress: I bet that no one’s squawking about the Nike outfit she’s wearing this week — the tamer version of the Australian Open peacock dress that drew a lot of bad press. And especially with all the talk about Venus‘ skin-colored undies, it’s nice to see some neon lime hot pants to go with that teal blue skort.
(image via Getty Images)
You may also like:
- nike+ fuelband campaign highlights ping pong in #makeitcount campaign
- going home: memphis, dubai, bogota, buenos aires, marseille
- the female HOATs of all time: a fine list of tennis girls to ogle
- for its first birthday, sharapova’s sugarpova launches accessories line
- fashion focus: sharapova wears david koma for sugarpova accessories launch