Maria Sharapova followed up her killer Chloe dress at the U.S. Open Tiffany party by killing two birds in Tokyo: she launched her Cole Haan line while in town to prep for next week’s Toray Pan Pacific Open. In an e-mail sent out to fans via her website, the Russian talked about her long absence from Japan:
“I can’t believe that I haven’t been here in over 2 years! That should never happen! It never ceases to amaze me how interesting this country is! Just when you thought they had the best toilets, they get even better! Haha”
Smiley sponsors: Maria made her appearance at the Peninsula hotel wearing a ruffled top with some high-waisted shorts (both from Chloe). She added a clutch and some boots from Cole Haan — b’of course — and topped it off with a ring from Tiffany. We’re glad to see Hannah McGibbon‘s designs in action. <3 the velvet and the braided rope and tassel. And that hair is working right now.
Looking ahead: At Toray, the unseeded Maria will face Francesca Schiavone in the first round and has both Safina (top seed; wild card) and Zvonareva in her quarter. Draw here (pdf).
More: More pics of Maria after the cut…
(images via Getty)
You may also like:
- for its first birthday, sharapova’s sugarpova launches accessories line
- the female HOATs of all time: a fine list of tennis girls to ogle
- fashion focus: sharapova’s blue stud earrings — tiffany?
- maria sharapova shares her style tips with vogue australia
- fashion focus: sharapova wears david koma for sugarpova accessories launch