Note: We had reported that Masha’s earrings were available for sale. Only the sterling silver version is available. We apologize for the error.
Sign of the times: Even Tiffany & Co. is tightening the purse strings by showcasing an (ahem) affordable pair of earrings on Maria Sharapova — to match the white and tan Nike Wimbledon dress (complete with Sgt. Pepper jacket!).
Or should we say an affordable pair for us, but special for her (isn’t that always the case?). Maria’s version of the Paloma Picasso Zellige drop earrings are custom-made, with 18 karat yellow gold, based on centuries-old mosaic patterns that surround the fountain at Paloma’s home in Morocco. For the rest of us, earrings similar to Masha’s gold custom drops are available on the Tiffany website — in sterling silver form.
Buy: Paloma Zellige Drop earrings; sterling silver, for pierced ears; $250; tiffany.com.
Scoreline: The 2004 champ slipped and slid her way to a 7-5 6-4 win over Ukrainian qualifier Viktoriya Kutuzova in the first round of Wimbledon 2009. The Russian observed that the grass on Centre Court was damp and longer than when she won the title five years ago, making the conditions like that of a clay court. Up next for her is Gisela Dulko, who beat Stephanie Foretz 6-3, 7-5.
(image courtesy of Tiffany)
You may also like:
- for its first birthday, sharapova’s sugarpova launches accessories line
- charity by design: a charm bangle for the tennis hof
- nike+ fuelband campaign highlights ping pong in #makeitcount campaign
- the female HOATs of all time: a fine list of tennis girls to ogle
- fashion focus: sharapova wears david koma for sugarpova accessories launch