Rafael Nadal turns 22 today. The folks at Roland Garros threw him a little party with a fancy cake and gave him a portrait by artist Frederique Lorin.
And thanks to malimeda for this bit: “Check out the white Nike tee that Rafa is wearing: it has 4 years written on it (from 2005 to 2008), the first 3 crossed through for his 3 wins at RG, this year left unmarked (yet!). Underneath it’s written in French: marquer l’histoire (to mark history) and a Nike swoosh. The shirt is available in blue as well: Rafa wore both during his press conferences.”
This is how the marketing campaign appears on Nike’s tennis landing page.
Boo hoo: It doesn’t look like Rafa’s shirt is for sale. Neither is Maria’s jacket.
(photos by Getty Images)
You may also like:
- nike+ fuelband campaign highlights ping pong in #makeitcount campaign
- fashion focus: sharapova wears david koma for sugarpova accessories launch
- for its first birthday, sharapova’s sugarpova launches accessories line
- li na in nike women’s 2013 looks
- the female HOATs of all time: a fine list of tennis girls to ogle