Top seed Maria Sharapova got booed as she left the court after her 7-6 (6), 6-7 (5), 2-6 loss to fellow Russian Dinara Safina in the fourth round of the French Open.
FYI, the 22-year-old Safina also ousted Sharapova from the fourth round of Roland Garros in 2006. Is this Dinara’s year to follow in the footsteps of her brother, Marat, who won his first Grand Slam title (U.S. Open ’00) in his early 20s?
Maria wore a navy blue cape windbreaker from Nike over her Paris Dress. You can’t get any classier than that.
She also keeps the same bag silhouette as she has for the last few Grand Slams.
(photos by Tennishead for TSF)
You may also like:
- li na in nike women’s 2013 looks
- nike+ fuelband campaign highlights ping pong in #makeitcount campaign
- for its first birthday, sharapova’s sugarpova launches accessories line
- the female HOATs of all time: a fine list of tennis girls to ogle
- fashion focus: sharapova wears david koma for sugarpova accessories launch