Maria Sharapova makes a fantastic Fed Cup debut by helping the Russian team defeat Israel 4-1.
She follows in the footsteps of the equally stylish Roger Federer with her own red and white kit from sponsor, Nike. She wears a Fed Cup version of the Fauna tank. Off court, she covers up with a Russian warmup suit designed by Bosco Sport.
With this win, Maria and the rest of the Russian team can finally close the door on that ado from last fall, when some of the women questioned her dedication to Fed Cup play.
Scorelines: See the full results of the tie here.
>> TSF’s fed cup archive
You may also like:
- nike+ fuelband campaign highlights ping pong in #makeitcount campaign
- for its first birthday, sharapova’s sugarpova launches accessories line
- li na in nike women’s 2013 looks
- the female HOATs of all time: a fine list of tennis girls to ogle
- fashion focus: sharapova wears david koma for sugarpova accessories launch