Maria Sharapova in her second try at the finals, finally took home the most dressed down of the Grand Slam prizes (look at those cute blue bows!) — the silver Austalian Open trophy. She took out Ana Ivanovic 7-5, 6-3, and didn’t lose a set during the entire tournament. The Serbian, who also lost in the finals of Roland Garros last year, rises to No. 2 in the rankings after Melbourne. Not a bad achievement, so she shouldn’t be too disappointed. Sharapova is currently ranked fifth.
I know all eyes are on the various Fed Cup ties right now; Sharapova, for example, is finally representing Russia against Israel. More on that later.
For now, watch Sharapova’s classy and touching speech. And browse a few photos, including Yuri Sharapov opting to leave his assassin hoodie at home and wearing all white instead. We also found a picture with Maria’s Nike shoes (the soles are pink — cute), and of course Ana, with her Edge dress from adidas, was one of the best-dressed players of the fortnight. See them after the cut…
(photos by Getty Images)
You may also like:
- the female HOATs of all time: a fine list of tennis girls to ogle
- nike+ fuelband campaign highlights ping pong in #makeitcount campaign
- li na in nike women’s 2013 looks
- fashion focus: sharapova wears david koma for sugarpova accessories launch
- for its first birthday, sharapova’s sugarpova launches accessories line