Wow. I didn’t think for a second that I would be waking up to news of Maria Sharapova blowing top seed Justine Henin out of the water. The 6-4, 6-0 women’s quarterfinals scoreline at the Australian Open gave Justine her first bagel since the 2002 French Open.
All in the deets: Here’s a closer look at her visor this week; it reminds me of the one she wore at last year’s French but in white with gold accents. And those earrings of hers are significantly more diminutive than those of the Williams sisters, but do the job of keeping Maria’s look elegant.
Out for blood: And her father Yuri brought his own fashion to the stands with the Bape-like camouflage hoodie from Nike (who’s Maria’s clothing sponsor).
“He (said) he has a cold so he had to put the hood on tonight,” Sharapova said of her father’s “unfortunate” hoodie. “I told him ‘you look like an assassin with that jacket on.”
And assassin he was as he “made a dramatic throat-slitting motion as his daughter blew kisses to the crowd” after her defeat of top seed Henin. Yikes, that’s intense.
One more: See a photo of Maria toting her new gold Prince tennis bag, plus a Nike gym bag in the Spring pink color. Both after the cut…
>> TSF’s australian open coverage
You may also like:
- fashion focus: sharapova wears david koma for sugarpova accessories launch
- nike+ fuelband campaign highlights ping pong in #makeitcount campaign
- li na in nike women’s 2013 looks
- for its first birthday, sharapova’s sugarpova launches accessories line
- the female HOATs of all time: a fine list of tennis girls to ogle