serena in a bikini, sharapova’s fashion school plans, all the ATPers love Roger, etc.

No wonder she’s so svelte: Another reason to prove that Serena Williams is just like the rest of us — there’s not a better motivation to get into shape than a broken heart. (DTL)

serena-williams-bikini.jpg

But she’s clearly on the mend: In case you need reminding, “it’s all about” her. (This photo of her in a custom-made bikini was snapped while while participating in the Hopman Cup in Perth. (The Age)

vintagetennisbag.jpg

Vintage tennis bag: Bidding has ended for this vintage tennis bag, but still worth a shout-out (via Refinery29)

A look at Maria’s Times: A nice quick read on Maria Sharapova and her thoughts on love, success, and her childhood. (src)

And Santoro’s, too: The French “Magician” Fabrice Santoro is officially the record holder for participating in the most number of Slams — 62. “I think I love the game more than many players or more than normally.” (Times)

The shotmaker’s problem: We were more than a little crushed to find out that Andy Murray lost his first round match to Jo-Wilfred Tsonga, a match that the Scot admits he should have won hands-down (no
offense to Tsonga, of course). Andy suffers from the problem of having too many strokes to choose from each time he hits the ball. In this 7-5, 6-4, 0-6, 7-6 (5) loss, he simply chose wrong. (Times)

Maria’s fashion future: Sharapova has grand plans when she’s done vying for Grand Slams. She’d like to enroll in the Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design — alma mater of Stella McCartney and Matthew Williamson. (Reuters)

A degree means nothing: It’s a sad state of affairs that a college degree means nothing these days. When asked about her future plans in the fashion industry, recent graduate Venus Williams replied, “I’ll be able to get an entry position getting coffee for hopefully Anna Wintour.” (Gawker)

Video time!: A quick look at eating habits of ATP players, and a circle jerk about Roger Federer‘s style.

new-balance-ct470-grand-slam-1.jpg

Grand Slam (surface) showdown: Take a look at these New Balance CT470 Grand Slams. The two colorways, blue and green, are might as well have been named Plexicushion and Rebound Ace! Available at Hanon Shop for around $90 a pop. (via Hypebeast)

(off-topic): With my computer down, I had some time to read the New York Times this morning (paper version, even). Highlights in my latest OT post.

(Serena photo by Ron Angle, The Age)

Comments

1. mike zaldaña says

ella es la mujer mas linda del mundo amo cada parte de su cuerpo,
    se que ella por dentro tambien es una gran persona sera mi amor platonico.

2. gideon tetteh says

i wanna say you’s hot and tight in your field and so splendid in beauty.keep on looking up to God and you’ll keep growing strong and moving higher like never before.belated merry x’mas and God’ wonderful new year.cheers

3. KONE says

Serena WILLIAMS est un femme que j’admire depuis le jour où je l’ai découverte au cours d’une compétition de tennis.Dépuis ce jour je n’ai d’yeux que pour elle car j’ai été frappé par
    -Son allure sur le terrain
    -Son élégance au cours du jeu
    -Son regard captivant et déroutant
    -Sa forme que je recherche beaucoup chez la femme
    De plus elle est courageuse car meme lorsque le public ne la supporte pas elle poursuit son chemin et ne se laisse jamais influencer
    En un mot,c’est le genre qualités que je recherche chez la femme
    Je souhaite qu’elle me reponde

4. Ola George says

Serena , u are too hot , beauty to behold . frankly speaking ,i would like know you better . i will appreciate it if i can have your phone or e-mail address for keep . luv u

5. kennedy says

i like serena she is reall african woman she gives me the best appetite for my own can you give her my e mail a wanna tune she is so sweet i love you baby

6. AD says

MG- so you have no respect for the sisterS anymore? 1) what Serena did was a human mistake, have you ever watched John McEnroe play? He made a career out of “unsportsman-like conduct. And Serena handled the situation with dignity and class 2) Why would you lose respect for Venus over Serena’s slip up? she had nothing to do with it…

7. jozef chinotimba says

don worry serena it happens my dear to err is human n i think any reasonable person in the circumstances would have reacted the same. i still luv you babe…….

8. Al Marty says

You have made us proud with your great looks and strong work on the courts. Who is like u in tennis.. u deserve my kiss

9. Youkay says

My sweet girl I wish will have the chance ofseen you face to face will have loved to have you for myself alone, do not mind them, you have every thing that a woman need, and that is why they are jealous of you. You deserve all from me, name it.Lots of Love

10. christian says

hi serena,how are u?pls i will like to have a word with u,so that i will tell u what i have in mind for u.thanks

hellow serena,i watched your game,with full of tenssion.yet i prayede a lot finally god has given answer tomy prayers YOU ARE WIN BY GOD GRACE.sam,india,09440557959.may god bless you,and parents,sister.

Trackbacks