The spectacle of Swan Lake dresses, surreal hair extensions, and gold gear can make it easy to overlook consistent fashion performers on the tennis circuit. We at Tennis Served Fresh like to call them out when we spot them. Today’s post is on the many looks of Akiko Morigami in Fila.
For the grass season she chose to go with separates. Her top has ruffled sleeves, a (ruffled) gathered waist, and is bisected by a black curved line that gives the otherwise white top some definition. For Eastbourne, her kit was blue with white trim (below, right).
Morigami paired her cute lace skirt with a black/navy blue fabric belt.
What do you think of the outfit? Tell us.
At the Asian Games in Doha.
At the Australian Open. Love the pleats!
Pretty in ruffled pink at Roland Garros.
At the Foro Italico in Rome.
You may also like:
- men in stripes: roddick, haase, and blake
- short balls: vogue's fashion through the years, twitter check-ins and the espys looks (and don't looks)
- fila’s 100 years on display at the hall of fame museum
- for the us open, some bold and some bright from PRL
- top seed wozniacki sends off '04 winner kuznetsova