You know Maria Sharapova wasn’t too bummed about being runner-up to Justine Henin at last week’s Year-End Championships in Madrid.
She sat out for almost two months to nurse her ailing shoulder, and in the meantime cleaned out the skeleton in her closet by auctionining off that cursed U.S. Open day dress. The result? A sexy librarian look from Nike and a kick-ass serve that got her a $500,000 check for second-place.
To celebrate after the long match (and a long year), Maria attended the tournament’s players’ party dressed in the metallic orange Thakoon frock and a pair of black t-strap platforms by Lanvin.
What do you think of the outfit? Tell us!
(Photo by Action Images via WTA)
You may also like:
- fashion focus: sharapova wears david koma for sugarpova accessories launch
- maria sharapova shares her style tips with vogue australia
- for its first birthday, sharapova’s sugarpova launches accessories line
- fashion focus: sharapova’s blue stud earrings — tiffany?
- the female HOATs of all time: a fine list of tennis girls to ogle