Poor Nike Day Dress. First, the bastard stepsister of Maria Sharapova‘s red U.S. Open night match outfit didn’t get as much play at Maria’s press conference last week (it stayed on a mannequin while red dress got the photo opp).
And on the court, the Day Dress only got one cameo this year (and a not-so-happy one at that): the World No. 2 and defending champion lost today to 30th seed Agnieszka Radwanska 4-6, 6-1, 2-6 in a performance that disgusted even Masha’s father Yuri, who packed up his stuff and left his seat before the match was over(!).
Sadly, the dress didn’t look so good in action. The skyline detail would have been better off as beading instead of print.
What’d you think? Tell us!
Buy: The Day Dress is available in White/Black (as worn by Masha) or in Black/White. Both for $95.00 at Midwest Sports.
You may also like:
- fashion focus: sharapova wears david koma for sugarpova accessories launch
- for its first birthday, sharapova’s sugarpova launches accessories line
- sharapova withdraws from the 2013 u.s. open with shoulder injury
- nike+ fuelband campaign highlights ping pong in #makeitcount campaign
- the female HOATs of all time: a fine list of tennis girls to ogle