From feuds to flames: Last week RL looked at the biggest publicized spats in tennis, and this week the Times looks at its most famous couplings. While Hingis and Evert each have three listings (the Swiss Miss with Sergio Garcia, Radek Stepanek, and footballer Sol Campbell; Evert with Greg Norman, a betrayed John Lloyd, and Jimmy Connors), Anna Kournikova takes the cake with the only listing for a love triangle (see #2). [via Kenneth in the (212)]
Bonus round: Read up on Tim’s career highlights.
Yay: Congrats to Donald Young for winning his first ATP-level match in 12 tries. He was beaten in the next round by Nikolay Davydenko, who’s been in first-round purgatory himself for these last few months. (via ZooTennis)
How do the blind watch tennis?: Check out this fun post over at Tennis Diary.
You may also like:
- short balls: who’s next? PINK & football, TOMS goes Maria + more
- short balls: tennis in cincy is a BFD, is the open draw fixed? and more
- short balls: basketball on broadway, food as fashion, a high line book and more
- short balls: open coverage explodes, around the parties and irene
- short balls: digging deep on sergio (+ a visual version)