Here’s a picture of the day dress that Nike designed for Sharapova to wear at this year’s U.S. Open. As we reported earlier, it has a black and white design depicting the New York skyline. It’s really cute!
I thought the dress merited as much attention as the coral (night match) dress that Sharapova wore to the junket. Instead, it got relegated to the mannequins along with Masha’s past fashion hits.
Skyline? What skyline?: I received a few e-mails wondering how the 600 Swarovski crystals formed a skyline on the red night match dress. It’ll make more sense if you think of it a bird’s eye view of Manhattan. The image displayed on that flatscreen above should help you out.
(day dress photo by Getty Images, night dress photo by Nike)
You may also like:
- for its first birthday, sharapova’s sugarpova launches accessories line
- sharapova withdraws from the 2013 u.s. open with shoulder injury
- nike+ fuelband campaign highlights ping pong in #makeitcount campaign
- the female HOATs of all time: a fine list of tennis girls to ogle
- fashion focus: sharapova wears david koma for sugarpova accessories launch