You’d think we’d be done already, but Maria Sharapova has left more Wimbledon fashion bits in her wake.
Nike’s design team started with a reengineered version of the iconic Blazer basketball shoe made specifically for women. As with the rest of the Grand Slam Lux line, it has elements like premium leather and satin ribbon laces.
The sneaker’s mostly white, which sticks with the tournament’s dress policy. The shoe also ties in the sport theme with “debossed tennis netting on the upper” and green (aka grass) blocking on the outsole. The ruffles on the shoe’s backtab makes this a good match for her Swan Lake dress — the dress everyone HATES but I love.
Maria got over-ruffled, perhaps? Because she ended up wearing this ho-hum pair (above).
What do you think of this Blazer Lux? Tell us.
You may also like:
- the female HOATs of all time: a fine list of tennis girls to ogle
- for its first birthday, sharapova’s sugarpova launches accessories line
- li na in nike women’s 2013 looks
- fashion focus: sharapova wears david koma for sugarpova accessories launch
- nike+ fuelband campaign highlights ping pong in #makeitcount campaign