Save for my mention of Lindsey Nelson‘s win yesterday, I kept to my promise of staying away from the blog this weekend. (But that doesn’t mean I didn’t spend my time away from the computer. I spent all of Saturday watching 30 Rock on nbc.com. The more serious moments of the show reminded me of Sports Night…)
So while I gather my thoughts for the coming week, I leave you with these bits:
– See this number-crunching (hot!) article by Gavin Versi in Tennis magazine. He analyzed data on injured players who retire during matches (especially when they’re close to losing a match). Not earth-shattering behavorial conclusions, but still worth reading to know who the top “offenders” are in each tour. (Hint: It’s a German ATP-er and a Serbian SEWTA member.)
(via fellow WordPresser womenstennis)
– Here’s a photo of the court they’re building for the Nadal – Federer exhibition. While the court looks crazy — it’s half clay, half grass! — I have to agree with Jon Wertheim about the buzz surrounding this event (see the second to last paragraph). I guarantee you that this marketing ploy will have longer staying power than Night Tennis.
– I updated the trophies page with the goodies from this week. Some nice cups, but no striking party favors for the winners (Rafael Nadal, Gisela Dulko, and Paul-Henri Mathieu).
>> lindsey nelson wins pac-10 title
>> k-swiss kournikova ad #2
>> nadal and federer: an exhibition
>> kournikova’s k-swiss campaign
Click here to receive CBHM posts via e-mail, or you can:
Subscribe in a reader Stumble It!
You may also like:
- trophy watch: hello to rafa, goodbye to san jose, and the ladies switch it up
- trophy watch: a bonus trophy for the ladies in doha
- short balls: open coverage explodes, around the parties and irene
- short balls: rog’s b-day, serena’s love life, worst fashion and more
- short balls: who’s next? PINK & football, TOMS goes Maria + more