Lots of Maria Sharapova bits on the interwebs from the last few weeks…
– And speaking of ads, her first ad with Gatorade (an endorsement deal announced at the beginning of this year) started rotation. Element 79 Partners shot the ad in Costa Rica. It uses melodies from the song “Maria” in the West Side Story. (Click here to watch the ad.)
– On her recent design meeting with Nike: “We basically sit around on couches, with magazines and architectural books piled up on the floor and brainstorm ideas…There is always a story behind everything they do or create… Our goal for that meeting was this year’s US Open…..after last year’s dress there’s a lot of pressure on creating something even more amazing…”
As a refresher, here are the dresses from the U.S. Open 2006; from left to right: her day dress, the bolero, the bolero from the back, her little black dress, and from the lbd from the back.
>> maria matryoshka dolls
>> tennis en Vogue
>> short balls: billie jean king, sharapova on chernobyl, jon wertheim
Click here to receive CBHM posts via e-mail, or you can:
Subscribe in a reader Stumble It!
You may also like:
- the female HOATs of all time: a fine list of tennis girls to ogle
- for spring, babolat’s peek-a-pattern
- fashion focus: sharapova wears david koma for sugarpova accessories launch
- for its first birthday, sharapova’s sugarpova launches accessories line
- nike+ fuelband campaign highlights ping pong in #makeitcount campaign